Sunday, January 14, 2007

Houston, We Have a Problem

Collin has a fever. It has gotten up to 101.5, it started last night and has lasted through to this afternoon. I called the hospital to find out if we will need to reschedule his EGD (or Upper GI) and is supposed to go home with a pH probe in the morning and am waiting to hear back from the on-call doctor. It is likely that we will not be going tomorrow. *sigh* I would really like to get this over with and depending on how soon Collin is rescheduled, will determine if he will stay off his reflux meds. I think he is likely teething because he has not other symptoms and has been chewing on everything he can gets his hands on lately. But I do not want to take any chances if he is sick. I will update this when I hear back from the doctor...

UPDATE: Well we are canceling his procedure under the recommendation of the on-call gastro Dr., and the weather. In Texas it doesn't snow, it ices, and right now we are in the middle of a cold (aka 30 degrees, feels like 19), rainy, icy mess that will likely be one of the few real cold spells of our winter. So I am slowly putting Collin back on his reflux meds, since he is sick he doesn't need that to contend with as well. I am also going to try to talk to our Gastro NP and find out if fever can be a side effect to being off the reflux meds. I will let everyone know how it all goes and what I find out. Until then, everyone, stay warm and dry! :P

BTW, Cyrus is doing fine. He had his first bath since surgery last night and I could take off the outer bandage from his incision. He whined and I kept telling him I was sorry and he would cry back "sorry!" but we got it off and then he was fine.

Collin just cruising along the furniture as he does so often now.

Cyrus was chillin' and telling me all about his favorite TV show.

Cyrus checks out his new PJs, they are a little too big for his legs....

No comments: