Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Collin!

You are three today, my little smarty-pants. So much you have endured and overcome, yet you still remain a happy spirited and loving little boy to all. I cannot believe how amazing you are, outshining all potential problems for what "could have been" that you faced due to your situation. You are patient, attentive, impressively intelligent, snugly, determined, stubborn, so very hard-working. Simply a beautiful soul.

Your obstacles are nothing for you as you face them head on, continuously out performing all expectations for what you are capable of. And even though you may not be able to speak with words, you still have an amazing talent at getting your thoughts across. Who would ever have known that knowing four sign language signs (all done, please, thank you, and music) and just nodding your head yes or no would only be a small part of how you are able to talk to everyone. Your body language speaks volumes and your ability to use the PECS cards just remind me once again how much is really going on inside that quiet head of yours.

So here is to you my lovely little boy, my Collin. Happy 3rd Birthday to an amazing person who I believe will continue to impress people until you are old and gray. I love you.

And just a reminder (for myself and everyone else :P )
Collin was born 1 lb. 12.5 oz. and was 13 inches long...
and now he is 29 lbs. 6 oz. and 36 inches (3 feet tall, and hey, he's 3! hehe)


What did you say? Its my birthday? Awesome!

We are going to a dog park on my birthday,
how cool is that!?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Collin!

loni said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Collin! I was celebrating with a birthday boy a bit older than you! :)