Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This was a weird one... Usually we get together with my family and make a day of it. This year however my parents were in Arizona for the funeral of my father's best friend. So it was a somber time and even though it was about moms I felt less than excited. My mother was sweet enough to think ahead and get my present ready before going out of town, bless her. I am officially up to my ears in Tardis stuff! Thank you Mom!! She amazing these past eight years especially, being Nana to the boys and my biggest support system in all that we have gone through. I loved her before but I know that I took her for granted most of my life and its from becoming a mother myself that I have truly seen how much I admire her and how she is always there for her children and grandchildren whenever we need her (sometimes I have to tell her to take time for herself, it's okay!!) I love you mom...

Basically it was me and the boys hanging around my parent's house (house sitting while they are away) though we made a to-go run at Cafe' Brazil to break up the day. The night before my bestie came over and we made her own Gram Olive's Banana Bread, and I pretty much lived off of it til it was gone (yep, its gone!). Cyrus helped us make it for a few minutes, then he spent the rest of the time playing in the flour over the sink "practicing" measuring it. I should have taken a picture of that, it was so cute and he loved making a colossal mess in the sink. Lol I will have to take a picture of them soon to post to make up for my lacking in Mother's Day photos. :) 

I am so very lucky to be the mother of my two little rascals, and having them in my life has been the best thing that ever happened to me. A couple of miracles these boys, who have turned out to be such characters who make me laugh, cry, scream and shout, and fill my heart in a way that I didn't know existed. It is because of them that I am able to celebrate this day. Thank you boys, I love you both with all my heart... 

No comments: